Nonprofit websites that convert: Q&A with Yesenia Sotelo [video]
Is your nonprofit organization’s website converting? Are visitors to your site taking the actions you want them to take? According to Yesenia Sotelo of Smart Cause Digital, website conversions should be the primary reason your nonprofit site exists.
Yesenia specializes in building websites for nonprofit organizations and offers training to help nonprofit marketers get ‘website smart’. One of the things Yesenia teaches her students is how to optimize their websites for maximum conversions and I asked her to share some of her advice with our community.
In this video interview, I ask Yesenia to explain how to get more website conversions by answering these questions:
- What are website conversions and why are they important?
- What tends to hold nonprofits back from optimizing their sites for conversions?
- What are some of the best ways to make sure nonprofit websites are converting?
During the interview, Yesenia explained some key points, including:
- Focus on one main conversion that is easy to do.
- Find the right tools to help visitors take action.
- Craft your ‘pitch’ carefully.
- Ask only for the information you need.
And here are the resources that Yesenia mentioned during the interview to inspire you and help you get started:
- Nonprofit MarCommunity article, Using a challenge to raise awareness and inspire action [case study]
- Tools for creating online forms: MailChimp, Wufoo and Formstack
- Yesenia’s online course, Smart Nonprofit Websites
To connect with and learn more from Yesenia, visit the Smart Cause Digital website.