What is a Twitter chat?
A Twitter chat is a scheduled conversation that happens on twitter by following and using a hashtag. It’s a great way to have an online conversation with folks on a topic of shared interest. It’s also a great way to ‘meet’ like-minded people you might never have otherwise met!
You can follow our chat by creating a search for the #NPMC hashtag, but we strongly recommend that you sign in with a service like tchat.io, twubs.com or TweetChat, which make it much easier to follow and stay focused on the conversation; we want you to be fully present with us! These services also insert the hashtag for you, so you have one less thing to do.
Because the conversation can happen quite quickly (you’ll get used to it, so keep coming back) here are a few additional tips to get the most out of it:
- Arrive on time and stay until the end. Our chat is all about connecting, learning and sharing. So we really want you there from introductions to final thoughts!
- If you can, please set aside the time to focus on our conversation.
- Please avoid sharing links during the chat as by nature, they take us away from the conversation, rather than engaged in it. However, following up with related resources is very much welcomed.
- Don’t worry too much about catching everything live – well be posting a chat archive/transcript for you following the chat!
- Be patient with yourself. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll love it!
For more tips, check out this useful article, How to Participate in a Tweet Chat
About the #NPMC Twitter chat
The #NPMC Twitter chat takes place on the last Thursday of each month at 1:00 p.m. EST. It is open to anyone who is involved in nonprofit marketing communications, including volunteers, employees and suppliers specialized in the sector. We all have something to contribute!
To receive #NPMC Twitter chat reminders and transcripts, make sure to sign up for the Nonprofit MarCommunity email updates.