Keeping up with content production [#NPMC chat]
A couple of months ago, when I asked for topic ideas for future #NPMC chats, content marketing came up. And there were so many questions, we decided to divide the topic across three chats. Last month, we talked about content marketing strategy. In June, we’ll talk about setting goals and measuring success. And on Thursday, May 29, 2014, our #NPMC Twitter chat conversation will be about keeping up with content production.
When nonprofits adopt a content marketing approach, keeping up with content production can be difficult:
— Art Starts (@ArtStartsTO) April 14, 2014
The array of content that needs to be – or could potentially be – produced, from blog posts to videos and graphics to email newsletters is vast. Keeping up with content production for every vehicle and channel is a major challenge for many nonprofits, raising a number of questions including these from the our community:
- How do we integrate marketing and communications with an organization’s content ‘owners’?
- Who is driving the content?
- Does the entire organization understand content marketing? How do we get them on board?
- What are the issues around creating vs controlling content? How best to tackle this with colleagues outside of marketing and communications?
- How do you engage staff across your organization in content creation, making it fun and exciting for them to get involved?
How do you keep up with content production? What are some of the strategies that work for you?
- Is the critical work in finding efficiencies?
- Is it about prioritizing content production? And once you’ve prioritized, how do you decide which piece of content is a priority?
- Are you careful about re-using, re-shaping and re-purposing the content you create?
- Have you been able to successfully mobilize a team (staff or volunteers) of content creators?
- Or, does it all come down to finding ways to boost productivity?
Join the content production conversation during the May #NPMC Chat
How do you keep up with content production at your nonprofit? How do you produce the content you need? What strategies have you used successfully? Unsuccessfully?
Let’s share strategies, ideas and lessons learned and find new ways to keep up with content production. Bring your questions and experiences to the #NPMC chat on Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. ET.
Note: we had such immense interest in the subject of content marketing, we’re going to revisit the topic one more time in June. This month, we’re focusing on content production. In June, we’ll chat about setting goals and measuring effectiveness.