Google+ for nonprofits: Q&A with Marc Pitman [video]
Does your nonprofit have a presence on Google+? Do you even have time to consider yet another social network? Do you realize that there are some very big reasons that you can’t afford not to be on Google+?
To explore this topic, I interviewed Marc Pitman, a well-known fundraising coach, leadership expert, nonprofit marketer and author of Google+ for nonprofits. In this video – captured via Google Hangout of course – Marc explains:
- What Google+ is
- Some of the top ways nonprofits can benefit from having a presence on Google+ (including reaching people who aren’t on Google+)
- His response to skeptics (this answer made me laugh)!
Marc really makes the case that all nonprofits need at least a basic presence on Google+. In fact, based on his arguments, it seems that all nonprofit marketers and communicators really should have a personal presence as well. Marc shares a number of resources and even pro tips to make getting started on Google+ easy, including:
- Guy Kawasaki’s Google+ primer, What the Plus!
- Marc’s own book, Google+ for nonprofits
- Google+ getting started guide
- Google+ articles available at Social Media Examiner
After the chat, Marc also shared this article on Google+ as the second most popular social networking site in the U.S.
Very generously, Marc has encouraged nonprofit marketers to find him on Twitter to ask any Google+ questions. For free access to fundraising tips and advice from Marc, you can also subscribe to his Ask Without Fear! newsletter.
Does your nonprofit have a presence on Google+? If so, how are you benefitting? If not, what’s stopping you?
Did you like this article? Get email updates (they’re free).