Google+ for nonprofits: Q&A with Marc Pitman [video]
Does your nonprofit have a presence on Google+? Do you even have time to consider yet another social network? Do you realize that there are some very big reasons that you can’t afford not to be on Google+?
To explore this topic, I interviewed Marc Pitman, a well-known fundraising coach, leadership expert, nonprofit marketer and author of Google+ for nonprofits. In this video – captured via Google Hangout of course – Marc explains:
- What Google+ is
- Some of the top ways nonprofits can benefit from having a presence on Google+ (including reaching people who aren’t on Google+)
- His response to skeptics (this answer made me laugh)!
Marc really makes the case that all nonprofits need at least a basic presence on Google+. In fact, based on his arguments, it seems that all nonprofit marketers and communicators really should have a personal presence as well. Marc shares a number of resources and even pro tips to make getting started on Google+ easy, including:
- Guy Kawasaki’s Google+ primer, What the Plus!
- Marc’s own book, Google+ for nonprofits
- Google+ getting started guide
- Google+ articles available at Social Media Examiner
After the chat, Marc also shared this article on Google+ as the second most popular social networking site in the U.S.
Very generously, Marc has encouraged nonprofit marketers to find him on Twitter to ask any Google+ questions. For free access to fundraising tips and advice from Marc, you can also subscribe to his Ask Without Fear! newsletter.
Does your nonprofit have a presence on Google+? If so, how are you benefitting? If not, what’s stopping you?
Like what you see?
Want to get our latest articles delivered to your email inbox as they are published? Subscribe to moflow weekly email updates to receive:
- Blog posts from our community of nonprofit marketing communications pros
- Marlene's tips and updates specifically for nonprofit copywriters and content creators