Google Grants basics for nonprofits: Q&A with Mark Hallman [video]
Did you know that through the Google Grants program, your nonprofit could be accessing up to $10,000 per month of in-kind Google AdWords advertising? Though it is a fantastic opportunity for nonprofits, many are either not aware of the Google Grants program or simply don’t know how it works. That’s why I invited Mark Hallman of Evergreen Digital Marketing to share his expertise with us in this video interview.
Mark Hallman is a Google AdWords Certified Partner who develops digital marketing campaigns for small to medium sized organizations. He has previously written for us about how to set up your Google Grants account, and we thought it would be helpful to take a step back to talk about Google AdWords and Google Grants basics.
In this video interview, I asked Mark to answer a number of questions, including:
- What are Google AdWords and Google Grants?
- How do nonprofits benefit from participating in the Google Grants program?
- What is the best way for nonprofits to get started?
During the interview, in addition to explaining Google AdWords and Google Grants basics, Mark explained:
- The numerous benefits of participating in the program
- How to get started: slowly, with a few simple, branded campaigns
- How to take advantage of the integration between Google Adwords and Google Analytics
- Very interesting arguments for the skeptics
And here are the resources that we mentioned during the interview – and added after – to help you get oriented and get started:
- Mark’s blog at Evergreen Digital Marketing
- The Google Grants blog
- Google’s Inside AdWords blog
- The Google for Nonprofits Blog
- Google for nonprofits, where organizations can apply to the program
- Mark’s previous post for the Nonprofit MarCommunity: How to set up your Google Grants account