Content marketing for nonprofits: Q&A with Kivi Leroux Miller [video]
‘Content marketing’ is unquestionably a hot topic; so what is it all about and what does it mean for nonprofits? Is content marketing just another trendy term, a truly a new way of doing things or something in between?
At the Nonprofit Technology Conference in April, I sat down with Kivi Leroux Miller, nonprofit marketing expert, author and president at Nonprofit Marketing Guide.com to capture her thoughts on video. Kivi answers my questions about content marketing and makes specific recommendations about how nonprofits can get organized and get started with content marketing.
“Content marketing is a real mind shift in how you approach the content you create at a nonprofit.” – Kivi Leroux Miller
As Kivi mentioned in the video, a number of bloggers are writing about content marketing and can help you get up to speed. Here is a nonprofit content marketing primer from Blackbaud’s Frank Barry, published on Mashable: Content Marketing: 5 Non-Profit Success Stories to Learn From
And here are a few of my picks, including a post from Kivi herself:
- How Nonprofits Can Sidestep Content Marketing Pitfalls an interview of Michael Buller of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute by Clare McDermott, Content Marketing Institute
- Can NPOs (nonprofit organizations) benefit from inbound marketing? by John Murphy
- How to Create Enough Good Content (Case Study) by Holly Ross, guest post on the Getting Attention blog
- What’s a Reasonable Amount of Content to Produce? by Kivi Leroux Miller
Finally, Kivi mentioned her new book, Content Marketing for Nonprofits, which comes out in August and is available for preorder. And in case you missed it, the book will also soon have a companion website.
Like what you see?
Want to get our latest articles delivered to your email inbox as they are published? Subscribe to moflow weekly email updates to receive:
- Blog posts from our community of nonprofit marketing communications pros
- Marlene's tips and updates specifically for nonprofit copywriters and content creators